Is it really better in the buff?

Want to lose weight? Suffering from arthritis, asthma, acne, cancer? Concerned about the welfare of animals? How about people? Local Economy? The Environment? Good, then you're in the right place to make a difference.

Personally, I have a rabid passion for environmental conservation and sustainability, optimum mental, physical, and spiritual health, animal rights, and human rights, so the answer is clear: plant-based, organic foods.

Others out there may simply want to improve their dietary choices to combat chronic illness or to lose weight, or contribute less to environmental degradation, or maybe you just have an emotional attachment to cows. ;) In these cases, you may be satisfied with making minor changes to your grocery list, and so this blog can be a tool for a reformation, rather than a total transformation. Great!

Either way, I am here to assist you and guide you along your journey to a healthier you! This blog has something for everyone, even the die-hard omnivore, because even meat-eaters like the occasional vegetable.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

5...4...3...2...1...Happy New You!

It's the morning before Day 1 of our detox and we're gearing up to go grocery shopping!  Over the course of the next 10 days, we will be aiming to cleanse our bodies of acidity, impurities, and toxins which disrupt our endocrine systems (which are found in food AND the environment!).  We're going all alkaline and all raw for 10 days, starting tomorrow.  This will include lots of juicing (and smoothies!!!), and some creative snacking and entrees.  We don't have meals completely mapped out yet, though, because I'm trying a new (healthier) approach: Eating All Day Long!  Of course we all know that it is important to listen to our bodies, yet how many of us actually do that?

This week, we are striving to eat when we're hungry and stop BEFORE we're full.  This will likely equate to healthy snacking nearly every hour of the waking day.  So our shopping spree will consist of seeking out raw snack food, like fresh fruits and veggies, hummus, and maybe some quick and easy raw food bars (like Lara, mmm).  My theory is that our bodies will tell us when to eat and when to stop, if we just listen.  So if I'm hungry when I wake up, I'll have a smoothie, and as soon as the feeling of hunger relents, I will stop and wait for the next one.  It's common sense!

I will stop by tomorrow with an update from the kitchen...

3 comments:

  1. This is Sms! I went raw for two weeks once. Good luck! I'm sure you've done more research than I ever did and you're ready. Go, Julie, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I knew it was you, Sma. Anyhoo, this is nothing new for me. Clearly you haven't been keeping up with my blog. ;) I went 100% Raw on January 1st of last year, and lasted 6 weeks. I found it difficult to stick it out, because I didn't have the proper kitchen tools to allow for a variety of food options and I got really sick of salad. I've been High Raw ever since (about 85%) and have done a number of Raw Cleanses along the way. This is just another in a long line of them. You should follow along with us sometime; then you don't have to do the research, because it's been done! :)

    ReplyDelete