Is it really better in the buff?

Want to lose weight? Suffering from arthritis, asthma, acne, cancer? Concerned about the welfare of animals? How about people? Local Economy? The Environment? Good, then you're in the right place to make a difference.

Personally, I have a rabid passion for environmental conservation and sustainability, optimum mental, physical, and spiritual health, animal rights, and human rights, so the answer is clear: plant-based, organic foods.

Others out there may simply want to improve their dietary choices to combat chronic illness or to lose weight, or contribute less to environmental degradation, or maybe you just have an emotional attachment to cows. ;) In these cases, you may be satisfied with making minor changes to your grocery list, and so this blog can be a tool for a reformation, rather than a total transformation. Great!

Either way, I am here to assist you and guide you along your journey to a healthier you! This blog has something for everyone, even the die-hard omnivore, because even meat-eaters like the occasional vegetable.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 4

Who has made it through four days of Raw?  Only one week left!

By now, you should be noticing some changes in your energy level, in addition to a bit of weight loss.

For me, the third day of raw is a rough patch.  It's when I begin craving things that I don't typically eat when I'm not cleansing.  I feel hungry and tired.  I even break out a bit.  The breakouts are a good sign that the impurities are surfacing and preparing for their exit.  The low level of energy is a sign that the body has begun cleaning house, which takes a lot of work.  But it's just the prelude to Day 4: the turnaround!

I feel great today!  Plenty of energy and notably enhanced concentration.  My cravings have retreated and I'm fully enjoying the fresh fare mother earth has to offer. 

Today, I've indulged in carrots, cucumbers, peppers, green beans, mixed greens, and tomato chutney - tasty and filling!  For dessert, I enjoyed some plump, sweet blueberries, and fresh mango slices.  I also had some left-over sprouted lentil salad, raisins, a Raw Revolution Chocolate Raspberry bar, and lots of water, of course. 

My mind is clear, my body is energized, and I've lost about 2 lbs. of yuck.  With 7 days left, I should start to  notice clearer, glowing skin, brighter eyes, and the need for less sleep than usual. 

This weekend, once the chaos of the week dies down, I'm going through some old stand-by rawcipes to spice up the rest of our cleanse.  I will post some for your enjoyment, along with pics, as we devour them.

Go be Rawsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment